REPORTS TO: Restaurant General Manager (RGM)
PURPOSE OF JOB
As an Assistant Restaurant General Manager (ARGM) for KFC, you will assist the RGM in the day to day management and leadership of the team. You will supervise shifts to ensure that sales, profitability, and standards are maximised, and all Company policies and procedures are followed. You will proactively coach and support the team at all opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the RGM in leading and managing all aspects of the team through coaching, support and engaging your team.
- Assist the RGM to build a strong culture in restaurant by embracing KFC and QFM principles, recognition, and team engagement.
- Build people capability in restaurant through a focus on functional know-how and leadership competencies.
- Support and assist the RGM in ensuring that the restaurant is correctly staffed to meet the needs of the business, recruiting additional staff, as necessary.
- Have the acute ability to spot, recruit and nurture the very best, high potential talent for our business.
- Encourage your team to take full ownership and accountability on results and follow up through robust performance management.
- Ensure that those policies and procedures contained in the Company handbook are followed to minimise employee relations issues within the restaurant.
- To assist the RGM to communicate all key information (including product rollouts and other communication) to the store team in the most effective way using the most appropriate media including management meetings and meeting in a box. Meetings should be informative, interactive, and business relative.
- Proactively and consistently handle employee relations within the restaurant and ensure that government employment legislation is rigorously followed. Inform RGM/Area Coach where necessary.
- Follow a robust onboarding process for new starters to aid retention.
- Ensure that all employees are correctly trained to perform their job role and that they are actively encouraged to progress through their training modules through continued training and support.
- Ensure the restaurant complies with the Company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- To ensure that the team are fully trained in fire procedures, health and safety, food hygiene and security procedures.
- Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer.
- Manage all customer complaints in line with Company policy, escalating issues to your RGM, where appropriate.
- Assist the RGM in rigorous completion of period restaurant evaluation Action Plans, completing actions in a timely manner.
- Regularly review customer experience reports. Develop and communicate a period action plan, utilising relevant Company tools to ensure the restaurant is consistently achieving the Company standard.
- Support and assist the RGM in follow up on any issues arising from EHO audits; following plan to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
- Utilise Company tools and reports so that your store consistently provides an excellent level of customer service and food quality.
- Ensure that litter patrols are carried out as required on each shift.
- Ensure that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to.
- Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximize the sales in your restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
- Understand your local competition and assist your RGM in increasing visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact your business.
- Support and assist your RGM in Building Know How of surrounding KFC restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
- Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and shift managers clear sales targets for every shift.
- Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
- Points of sale to be up to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Support and assist your RGM in maximizing the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food, cost of sales). Monitor daily, weekly, and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
- Support and assist your RGM in the development of a strategy to maximize profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions.
- Actively utilise system reports and Company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
- Assist the RGM in completing weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts properly staffed/managed and ensures that labour costs are in-line with budget.
- Complete all shift/daily paperwork and assist the RGM in the completion of the weekly and monthly paperwork
- Ensure that the correct level of supplies is ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported.
- Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained.
- Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Company security procedures to be rigorously followed to ensure the security of people, premises, stock, equipment, and cash at all times.
- Deputise for RGM when required, completing relevant tasks, for example:
- Accurately complete management schedules one month in advance and submit to Area Coach.
- Prepare and plan for weekly conference call, consider and analyse all relevant information in advance.
- Ensure that any problems that you cannot deal with are referred to the RGM or AC, if RGM unavailable.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Solid operations knowledge
- Driving sales growth
- Great passion and positive energy
- Quick career progression
- Strong retail management experience
- Positively impacting their business
- Commercial decision-making successes
- Demonstrating a strong sales focus
- Understanding P&L
- Providing coaching and support to a diverse team
- Basic knowledge of disciplinary and grievance processes
- Fantastic people development
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Achieving great results in the right way
- Driving licence is desirable
NB: This job description is not exhaustive, and the employee will be required to perform other duties from time to time, as assigned by the employer.