PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Cook in our Back of House Kitchen you will freshly prepare our famous chicken products. You will be responsible for ensuring our product is Gold Standard and meets our customers’ expectations, whilst maintaining clean and sanitary working conditions and adhering to all food safety management procedures. We work as a team every day to allow us to deliver the experience our customers deserve. Day to day you will support those you work with by making our amazing chicken and bringing our People Promise to life by Being your Best Self.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Complies with all rules, regulations and working practices at all times, including those relating to uniform.
- Prepares and cooks chicken, and other products using approved procedures to volumes and timings indicated by the ePCS system and/or manager on duty to ensure availability of product.
- Utilises the Gold Standard ePCS reports to minimise peak product unavailability.
- Holds all raw and cooked products to standard holding periods and temperatures in appropriate equipment.
- Follows standard procedures and schedules for cleaning and sanitising food preparation, holding areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Monitors product quality by checking and action upon expiration dates/times for products.
- Monitors correct equipment functioning and carries out calibration procedures when required.
- Rotates food, paper, and cleaning products on First in First out (FIFO) basis.
- Receive delivery of product and other supplies confirming correct delivery amounts and quality then dating, timing, and storing according to approved procedures.
- Abides by all regulations that affect the Health and Safety of themselves, colleagues, and customers, including the use of PPE and hand washing procedures as instructed.
- Communicates effectively with MOH and FOH team members during shift to ensure excellent levels of teamwork.
- It important to us that our restaurants are a safe environment for our team and customers, therefore we expect our teams to adhere to all H&S and FS guidelines, maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
- As required, learns to serve KFC products to our customers.
- Complies with all reasonable requests by the management to carry out other duties.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Is outgoing and can communicate effectively.
- Good customer service skills for the front of house.
- Good literacy and numeric skills.
- High personal standards and is hard working.
NB: This job description is not exhaustive, and the employee will be required to perform other duties from time to time, as assigned by the employer.