REPORTS TO: Restaurant General Manager (RGM)
PURPOSE OF JOB
You will be responsible for preparing many of our tasty menu items; Burgers, Wraps, Sides, and of course, our Finger Licking Chicken to the expected standards of quality utilising approved operational procedures, whilst maintaining clean and sanitary working conditions and adhering to all food safety management procedures.
We work as a team every day to allow us to deliver the experience our customers deserve. Day to day you will support those you work with by making our amazing chicken and bringing our People Promise to life by Being your Best Self.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Whilst not in a customer facing position it will be your responsibility to ensure that the product, we deliver to our customers is the very best, supporting our Front of House team by delivering the perfect product you have prepared.
- You will be responsible for ensuring our food preparation and holding areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- It important to us that our restaurants are a safe environment for our team and customers, therefore we expect our teams to adhere to all H&S and FS guidelines, maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
- Complies with all rules, regulations and working practices at all times, including those relating to uniform.
- Performs opening and closing store procedures as specified by Management.
- Prepares, cooks and/or assembles side products, freezer to fryer products and burger/wrap products using approved procedures to volumes and timing indicated by the ePCS system and/or Manager on duty to ensure availability of product.
- Utilise the preparation charts as instructed to ensure availability of products.
- Holds all raw and cooked products to standard holding periods and temperatures in appropriate equipment.
- Follows standard procedures and schedules for cleaning and sanitising food preparation and storage areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Monitors product quality by checking and action upon expiration dates/times for products.
- Monitors correct equipment functioning and carries out calibration procedures when required.
- Rotates food, paper, and cleaning products on First in First out (FIFO) basis.
- Receives product and other supplies confirming correct delivery amounts and quality when dating, timing, and storing according to approved procedures.
- Keeps the packing area and its equipment clean and tidy to the standard required.
- Ensures the correct use of the holding cabinet in respect of temperature, water content and holding times.
- Keeps the display case fill and clean.
- Abides by all regulations that affect the Health and Safety of themselves, colleagues and customers including the use of PPE and hand washing procedures as instructed.
- Communicates effectively with BOH and FOH team members during shift to ensure excellent levels of teamwork.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Is outgoing and can communicate effectively.
- Good customer service skills for the front of house.
- Good literacy and numeric skills.
- High personal standards and is hard working.
NB: This job description is not exhaustive, and the employee will be required to perform other duties from time to time, as assigned by the employer.