REPORTS TO: Area Coach
PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Restaurant General Manager (RGM) for KFC you are the Number One Leader in our business. You are supported by a team who has the same enthusiasm, drive, and commitment to ensuring your restaurant achieves the highest standards so to deliver continued growth. Through “beat year ago” mentality you will ensure you develop and communicate a breakthrough strategy which delivers outstanding business results but also creates an environment of recognition and fun. You will successfully lead the management of all aspects of your KFC restaurant through coaching, developing, motivating, and engaging your team and creating a culture to be proud of. The cornerstone of the RGM role is based on People, Customer, Sales and Profit.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES.
- Lead and manage all aspects of your team through coaching, support and engaging your team.
- Being maniacal about building a strong culture in restaurant by embracing Heartstyles leadership, KFC and QFM Group principles, recognition, and team engagement.
- Follow a robust people plan to ensure staffing levels achieve optimum with the required part-time and full-time split. Actively utilise recruitment systems, tools and consistently recruit in line with KFC Equal Opportunities policy.
- Build people capability in restaurant through a focus on functional know-how and leadership competencies.
- Create clear and robust long-term succession plans to grow your restaurant people capability, often thinking 3 or 4 moves into the future.
- Have the acute ability to spot, recruit and nurture the very best, high potential talent for our business.
- Encourage your team to take full ownership and accountability on results and follow up through robust performance management.
- To communicate all key information to the store and management team in the most effective way using the most appropriate media including management meetings and meeting in a box. Meetings should be informative, interactive, and business relative.
- Handle employee relations within the store including conducting investigations, disciplinary and grievance proceedings, absence management, unauthorised absence, when necessary and manage the holiday process.
- Track team absence, acting in line with the Company’s absence management policy where appropriate. Manage team holidays in line with the needs of the business.
- Rigorously follow all government employment legislation, including, working time regulation, home office regulations, equality act.
- Follow a robust onboarding process for new starters to aid retention and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the store complies with the Company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- To ensure that the team are fully trained in fire procedures, health and safety, food hygiene and security procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date personnel and training files, as well as, adhering to GDPR.
- Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer base.
- Lead from the front by role modelling guest engagement and interaction.
- Utilise our customer reporting tools to understand the key drivers and blockers for guest experience in your restaurant and develop appropriate tactics to resolve opportunity areas.
- Ensure we deliver industry leading standards with respect to both Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations in our restaurants.
- Ensure we run great restaurants by achieving consistent pass ratings on ROCC and complete restaurant evaluation Action Plans in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage your restaurant to ensure you do not present a risk to our brand, and where you do, lead an immediate and impactful actions to quickly fix.
- Manage all customer complaints in line with Company policy, escalating issues to Area Coach, where appropriate.
- Regularly review customer experience reports. Develop and communicate a period action plan, utilising relevant Company tools to ensure the restaurant is consistently achieving the Company standard.
- Follow up on any issues arising from EHO audits; following plan to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
- Ensure that litter patrols are carried out as required on each shift.
- Ensure that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to.
- To ensure all marketing updates and new POS are implemented and maintained effectively.
- Manage all customer complaints in line with Company policy, escalating issues to Area Coach where appropriate.
- Utilise Company tools reports so that your store consistently provides an excellent level of customer service and quality of food.
- Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximize the sales in your restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
- Create and execute local marketing activities to optimise potential sales growth.
- Understand your local competition and increase visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact your business.
- Build Know How of surrounding KFC restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
- Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and team leaders clear sales targets for every shift.
- Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
- Points of sale to be up to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Maximise the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food, cost of sales). Monitor daily, weekly, and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
- Develop a strategy to maximise profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions.
- Actively utilise system reports and Company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
- Completing weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts are properly staffed/managed and ensures that labour costs are in-line with budget.
- Complete all shift/daily/weekly/monthly paperwork – review and analyse.
- Complete a robust financial audit periodically and communicate results to Area Coach along with action plan to drive improvement, where appropriate. Rigorously follow up on official financial audit action plan completed by CSW.
- Ensure that the correct level of supplies is ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported.
- Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained.
- Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are always adhered to.
- Deputise for the Area Coach when required.
- Company security procedures to be rigorously followed to ensure the security of people, premises, stock, equipment, and cash at all times.
- Accurately complete management schedules one month in advance and submit to Area Coach.
- Ensure that any problems that you cannot deal with are referred to the Area Coach.
- Provide support for KFC restaurants within your area and share best practice with your peer group, as required.
- Attend area meetings.
- Act as an ambassador of the Company and brand at community and commercial events.
- Embrace and embed new and/or changes to Company systems and process.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and within required timescale.
- To prepare for and input into regular business reviews with their Area Coach.
- Follow-up any issues arising from EHO audits to ensure corrective action is taken as required.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong retail management experience.
- Worked within a customer facing environment.
- Driving sales growth.
- Great passion and positive energy.
- Commercial decision making.
- Strong sales focus.
- Understands P&L.
- Provide coaching and support to a diverse team.
- Ability to lead a team through motivation and engagement.
- Basic knowledge of disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Fantastic people development.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Achieving great results in the right way.
- Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service.
- Open, honest, and flexible approach.
- Desire for career progression and willing to learn.
- Shows initiative.
- Thinks and plans ahead.
- Current driving license
NB: This job description is not exhaustive, and the employee will be required to perform other duties from time to time, as assigned by the employer.