REPORTS TO: Restaurant General Manager (RGM)
PURPOSE OF JOB
Shift Running – effectively run the store, following all KFC policies and procedures to ensure standards are satisfactorily maintained. When not running shift, proactively support the management team in the effective running of the store. Through coaching, motivating, and engaging all in store employees, create a culture to be proud of.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the team to understand the relevance of the Company values to their roles and live and breathe the principles on every shift.
- Assist the management team to follow up with new starters and all employees ensuring they are trained to Company standards and carry out observations on specified tasks.
- Proactively and consistently manage all in-store employee relations issues so that all issues are managed in line with statutory requirements and employment law, updating Area Coach and RGM, as appropriate.
- All statutory and Company Health, Safety and Food Hygiene regulations must always be strictly adhered to and corrective action taken in a timely manner as necessary.
- Actively promote safety and wellbeing of every employee, customer, or contractor in line with the employee handbook and operations standards.
- Assist restaurant management with training new and existing employees.
- Utilise Company tools and reports so that your restaurant consistently provides an excellent level of customer service (e.g. prep for peak, deployment plans, action plans).
- Provide supervision, coaching and support your team to ensure standards are maintained throughout the shift.
- Successfully resolve customer complaints and queries in line with Company policy reporting serious complaints to the RGM or Area Coach as appropriate.
- Ensure that the restaurant cleaning plan/rota is followed and adhered to.
- Create a guest focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer base.
- Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximise the sales on your shift. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets, setting team members clear sales targets for every shift.
- Assist the RGM in training team on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Ensure that sufficient labour and supplies are available, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and accurately maintain the product control.
- Assist the RGM to develop a strong sales culture in store, setting team members clear sales targets for every shift.
- Assist the RGM to drive in store team member incentives and regular recognition.
- Points of sale to be up to date always and assist the RGM in training the team on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Complete regular coaching with the team and provide individuals feedback on areas of opportunity and strengths.
- Maximise the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food, cost of sales).
- Accurately adjust forecast of sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions daily.
- Actively utilise system reports and Company tools to guarantee 100% product availability.
- Follow the Company cash handling procedures and ensure that customer service employees also adhere to these guidelines.
- Complete all daily paperwork and in-store banking for the designated shift.
- Complete the end of shift/end of day stock check, highlighting discrepancies, as necessary.
- Provide support for KFC restaurants within your area, as required.
- Involvement in Area/Regional Projects, if and when required.
- Embrace and embed new and/or changes to KFC systems and processes.
- Ensure that all Company security procedures are followed throughout the shift, particularly at close to ensure the security of premises, people, stock, equipment, and cash at all times.
- Manage designated shifts ensuring that all KFC policies and procedures are followed.
- Professionally represent the Company to outside agencies such as Environmental Health Office.
- React to resolve Emergency situations as appropriate.
- Keep your Area Coach, RGM and ARGM up to date, as appropriate.
- Company Security Procedures to be rigorously followed to ensure the security of people, premises, stock, equipment, and monies at all times.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Driving sales growth
- Great passion and positive energy
- Quick career progression
- Positively impacting their business
- Demonstrating a strong sales focus
- Providing coaching and support to a diverse team
- Fantastic people development
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Achieving great results in the right way
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Basic employee relations knowledge
NB: This job description is not exhaustive, and the employee will be required to perform other duties from time to time, as assigned by the employer.